Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Memory profile of a qvw

Hi,

I am just reading "Mastering QlikView" and trying out a few things about tuning my Dashboards - specifically I just tried exporting one qvw's memory profile and then opening it in a text_editor.

That Dashboard should have a slim memory profile all right, there's not much in it, only aggregated tables (to store only the overall status of a KPI vs. a target_value) - but a lot in that file (all the variables in particular) say 0.0 in the "size" field?

What unit is that size measured in anyway? Is that Bits or Bytes?

But - I guess that the size is not what I should be concerned about since in many cases, that can't be helped (well, in respect to objects) - instead I should be looking at the calculation_time, no?

Is that in seconds?

Thanks for any help! That is something I'm really interested in - I cannot do too much about the layout and "user-side function" of my Dashboards as that is the users'  decision (or management's), but fine-tuning the apps to get slimmer and faster - and reduce the "QlikView_footprint" on the server - is something I can do.

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks Marcus!

If I can find the time, I'll work this through over the weekend and build the app that Henric proposes.

Best regards,

DataNibbler