Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Memory statistics of objects - best method

What is more reliable to use to see the memory stats for UI objects in a qlikview file, (a) the Sheet Properties within the qvw, or (b) the Qlikview Optimizer.qvw available in the community?  I am finding it frustrating to get results to consistently write to the .mem file when using the later method despite the number of ways I try to save, reload, make selections, activate sheets and objects, etc.  Any guidance on the original question or how to get results to consistently write to the .mem file would be great. Thanks.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I've been doing quite a bit of testing for about 2 days and have noticed a few things.  Not sure if anyone else is seeing similar behavior, but I'll share my findings. 

I'm aware of 4 ways to get memory stats for UI objects (all rely on the .mem file as far as I can tell):

(1) Sheet Properties

(2) Document Properties > Sheets tab

(3) Qlikview Optimizer.qvw (Obtaining Memory Statistics for a QlikView Document)

(4) Document Analyzer.qvw (search at Qlikview Cookbook | Recipes for Qlikview Success)

If I know what sheet or object I'm interested in, I like method 1.

If I want to see all of my objects, I like method 3.

I don't like method 2 because it seems like once you change UI sheets, you lose the stats from previous sheets that you already "activated", and activation is what writes the memory stats to the .mem file from what I understand.  So I find this method is only as good as method 1 because I can never seem to get all of my sheets and objects "activate" at once, meaning I can never get all of the stats for all objects to appear in the Sheets tab.  Unlike method 2 however, methods 3 & 4 appear to give me all those stats on all objects in a single pass so I'm guessing that when I am actually saving my .mem file via the Document Properties > General tab that is more reliable than what the Sheets tab offers.