Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Namaste all

I was trying to  assign CAL(Assigned cals) for my users on the server. but, i couldn't add my users which are on my server

Than i tried to create a user in Active Directory , than i installed Active Directory domain service on my server.

than  on wards i am unable to access my access point. I am getting the error as shown below.access.PNG

when i try to go on Qlikview server, in the system tab, setup,

I am getting the following error as:

server error.PNG

when i tried to enter the login details again, I am getting the following error.

To login using username and password, please enable 'Allow admin using name and password' on the security tab.

can anyone please help me with this

sunindiaashfaq_haseebjanithharsith

Thanks in advance

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

yeah, you did mention it..but i couldnt understand that time

actually, now i am uploading a file with section access for users on to the server.. for that , i am creating the user

Thank you so much for the help

Not applicable
Author

Hi peter,

could you please help me again.

As i said, I am implemeting section access on a document. I have created three users on the windows server and I have assigned CALs for all the three users by going to

QMC->System->Licenses->CALs->AssignedCALs->Manage Users

and when i click on apply, I am unable to see any of the three users in Assigned Users, it means, whether i have assigned the user CALs successfully or not.

2) if i assign user CALs , do i need to assign DOC CALs again to the users to get access to the users.

3) if i am uploading a qvw file with section access do i need to check the section access check box in the reload tab.

after uploading the document, my document asking to enter the username and password when i enter the credentials, i am getting the following error, is this means, i didnt user CAL successfully?

NUC.PNG

Thanks in advance

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A word of advice: do not assign CALs and implement Section Access at the same time - if things go wrong, you'll have a hard time figuring out what exactly is broken. Start with assigning CALs on a single document that has no Section Access in order to get used to that particular process.

More answers:

1. In the User Selection dialog, once you find a particular user in your directory, you have to click one of the arrow buttons in the middle so that they show up in the list on the right. Only then you can press OK. After closing the dialog by clicking OK, the selected uisers should show up in the Assigned Users overview, except if you exhausted the available CALs. Note that in this overview you will be assigning Named CALs, whose number may be limited. See the gray Named CALs title bar in the Client Access Licenses (CALs)->General tab to find out how many are left.
  2. No, a single license will do.
  3. No, on condition that the Service Account has an NTNAME entry in Section Access to do the reloads. If is doesn't mark the checkbox and enter the credentials of a section access user that can do a rload (ACCESS=ADMIN). But again, skip Section Access until you have the Licensing properly set-up.
  4. Yes. USERID/PASSWORD authorization comes first, and only then the server will figure out whether you have a CALL or whether it has to dynamically assign one to you. Apparently, neither one works.

The QMC is an AJAX application. If you move away from a page where you made changes before your pressed the "Apply" button, changes will be lost. Always click the "Apply" button before you go somewhere else.

Best,

Peter

Sarojani_B
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I am also getting same error. What was fix applied here ?