Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider

I am trying to connect to an MS Access Database. When I try to connect using OLE DB I do not see the Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider. The server Admin says that we have MDAC 2.8 SP2 installed on the server. We do not have the whole MS suite installed. What are we missing?

Thanks!

11 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is this 32bit or 64bit Windows?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Yes.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What I meant to ask was: Which OS is it, 32bit or 64bit?

I've seen some posts on this forum about unable to load Access DBs on the 64bit platform. If you are 64bit, you might try searching the forum or reposting the question like "Loading Access tables on 64bit".

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Yes we are running on a 64 bit OS. I did a search but can't seem to find anything. What we don't have install is the full MS suite including MS Access. We only have the MDAC installed. I was wondering if we need the applications installed as well.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I found this thread in the old forum

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/12864/54500.aspx#54500

It deals with ODBC, not OLE/DB, but the limitation may be the same.

You might try reposting your question to this forum as "Loading Access tables in 64bit" to see if anyone else has any workarounds.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Did you get it working? I'm trying to run the Developer 1 e-learning course (on Windows 7 64bit) and cant access the sccess db because I can't find the jet 4.0 driver

Not applicable
Author

Yes, use the OLE DB connection and enter the path. The connection string in the script looks like this:

MSQuery:

CONNECT TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=\\servername\Path\DatabaseName.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=0;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False];

SQL SELECT *

FROM `Table Name or Query Name`;

I hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Yes, use the OLE DB connection and enter the path. The connection string in the script looks like this:

MSQuery:

CONNECT TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=\\servername\Path\DatabaseName.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=0;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False];

SQL SELECT *

FROM `Table Name or Query Name`;

I hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

check the " Force 32 Bit" box ?