Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

Min and Max Values

Hello All,

I had a list box and i created A anb B fields.I will show you the code for your better understanding

T1:

LOAD * INLINE [

A, B

4, 8

5, 11

69, 31

200, 91

1, 7

10 , 5

];

STORE  T1 into T1.qvd;

INPUTFIELD A,B;

T1:

LOAD A,

B

FROM

T1.qvd

(qvd);

A:

LOAD 'A' as F,

Max(A) as MaxA,

Min(A) as MinA

Resident T1;

//DROP Table T1;

B:

LOAD 'B' as F,

Max(B) as MaxA,

Min(B) as MinA

Resident T1;

DROP Table T1;

Now i need to create a variable.For example say variable name as vAMin.Now if i click on A the value should directly go and store into vAMin variable same for Max also.

Can anyone please help me how to do it.

Regards,

R.Bharat Kishore

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Here you go then.  Of course this means you have to create your text boxes in advance for each different Fiald value (A,B,C etc) - it won't expand automatically.

Jason

View solution in original post

20 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Check the trigger option in Document Properties --> Trigger tab

under that you will have field event triggers.

select the field and add action for the on select trigger event from that use set variable option.

Hope it helps

Celambarasan

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI Celambarasan,

Thanks a lot for your reply if possible can you please explain more clearly if possible please send me step wise because i am new to qlikview.

Please don't mind because i am new to qlik view.

Regards,

R.Bharat Kishore

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If I understand your requirement correctly you don't need to load the Min and Max in the script.  Just load your inline table, then in the UI create a variable vMin_A and set the expression to =Min(A).  Create vMax_A=Max(A).

You variable will always be the min/max of field A, based on current selections.  If you want to exclude current selections use Set Analysis and set vMin_A to be =Min({1} A)

Hope this helps,

Jason

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Settings-->Document Properties or (Ctrl+Alt+D)

Go to the trigger tab in that dialog.

Select the Field name under the Field Event trigger lists.

Click the add action button for the on select.

In that Add-->External-->Set variable-->use variable name and the value to set

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot.I have one more question if i click on A it is dispaying variables for Min and Max of A.Now as well as if i click B it should also display for that.

Can you please tell me how to do it.

Regards,

R.Bharat Kishore.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't follow.  Just create two more variables - vMin_B and vMax_B...

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot Jason for your reply.I created two more variables.But Its not working.Total four variables are there.But if i click on A it is displaying on all four text objects.But if i click on A it should display on A only.And when i click A and B it should display A values on A and B values On B.

Can you please help me how to do?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

vMin_B:

If you want it based on curent selections (bear in mind your selections of field A may well impact this):

=Min(B)

If you want current selections excluded then:

=Min({1} B)

vMax_B:

If you want it based on curent selections (bear in mind your selections of field A may well impact this):

=Max(B)

If you want current selections excluded then:

=Max({1} B)

Hope this helps,

Jason

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot Jason For your Reply.Assume that I took 4 text objects and in the first text object i gave conditon as =vAMin to dispaly Min value of A and for Max i gave condition in second text object as =vAMax.

Same for the remaining text objects i mean i created two more variables for B also as vBMax and vBmin.But if i click on A it is displaying same values for all four objects.Please Help me.

Regards,

R.Bharat Kishore