Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mini Chart in Straight Table

I'm green to qlikview and facing problem about building minichart in a straight table, wish some experts could give me a hand...

I have some data in format like this:

YearMonthProjectStaff CostTurnover

A10,00050,000
20136A15,00040,000
20137A10,00080,000
20138A13,00060,000

I would like to have a straight table showing like this, when I select Aug 2013:

ProjectStaff Cost % (Aug 2013)Staff Cost % Trend (Past 12 months)
A22%minichart
B13%minichart
C20%minichart
D14%minichart
E5%minichart
F30%minichart
G17%minichart

Many thanks!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You won't be able to select one month and also use that same Month dimension for the minichart. So I think you're going to need an AsOf table to link a month to its past-12-months-period. See attached example. And see this document for more information: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You won't be able to select one month and also use that same Month dimension for the minichart. So I think you're going to need an AsOf table to link a month to its past-12-months-period. See attached example. And see this document for more information: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations.

Not applicable
Author

Very helpful! Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

gwassenaar

Hi there,

I am just inquiring about your solution to rolling charts in a straight table.

I was just wondering if there is some way you can make the rolling 12 month minichart responsive to selections in the fields of month and year,

I am currently building a dashboard that has the Period and FY as possible selections on the screen and as you already illustrated I can't build a working minichart in my straight table because of dimension issues.

I was hoping you might have some insight into how I might be able to build in a working rolling 12 month system similar to what you have done in comm91360. Would you be able to creat an AsOf table that is tied to a year and month selection but incorporates the previous 12 months and then have this as minichart dimension?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

James

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try changing the expressions to sum({<Month=,Period1=, AsOfPeriod=P(Period1)>}Sales). That way the selection in the Month and Period1 field are ignored by the expression, but the AsOfPeriod field gets filtered to the possible values from the Period1 field as a result of the selection in the Month field. Still with me?

1. Select one Month value

2. That gives one possible value in the Period1 field

3. That one Period1 value is used to filter the AsOfPeriod field in the expression.

4. To make the expression use only the AsOfPeriod selection the other selections need to be reset otherwise we don't get a rolling 12, but a rolling 1 month. Therefore...

5. Reset the selections in Month and Period1 with Month=, Period1=