Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing Values, once again...

Hi,

may anyone can help me out with this problem:

I got a table that includes diagnosis data for every patient (one patient per line).

Now I wanna do a target-performance-comparsion. (The target data comes form a different table.) The tricky thing is that there is a weighting per month for the target data but not every diagnosis is performed in ever month, so the data gets lost in the accumulation of the weight.

Here is what the target formula looks like:

sum([number of expected diagnosis])/12*sum(Distinct if(month = '01', 0.7, if(month = '02', 0.8, if(month = '03', 1.1, if(month = '04', 1, if(month = '05', 0.9, if(month = '06', 1.2, if(month = '07', 0.9, if(month = '08', 0.9, if(month = '09', 0.9, if(month = '10', 1, if(month = '11', 1, if(month = '12', 0.8)))))))))))))

It works as far as there is a value for every month.

Maybe you guys got an idea?

Thanks,

Markus

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sorry. Here's the selection:

I selcted months 3+4+5+6 but since there are no values for month 5 the output is incomplete. The correct accumulated output for the months 3+4+5+6 is 8.6.

Hope it helps.

sunny_talwar

I guess the best solution for you would to add the missing months. I can't think of making this possible. May be someone else can offer a better advice.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

why don't you add the monthweights to the load script as a field? instead of multiple IF's!

your expression should then be as below

sum([number of expected diagnosis])/12* sum(monthweights) )

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

do a left join of your monthweights to your months field

Vineeth Pujari
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

See attached

patientcount.JPG

Vineeth Pujari
Not applicable
Author

This pretty much works out!

What a ride Thank you both!!