Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Month and Year Set Analysis Comparison

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me why this expression is returning nothing. The dates are both in MMM-YYYY format. My dimension is CalendarMonthAndYear and the dashboard is Comings and Goings the object is Monthly Turnover.  I have attached the .qvw for someone if they want to look at it. Much appreciated.

(Count ({<CalendarMonthAndYear = {"<=$(=MonthEnd(Date(Date#(NLE_MonthName, 'MMM-YYYY'))))"}>} EmployeeDirectory.ID))

Thank you,

OnePuttGirl

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The object on the left is the count without Set Analysis. 566 is the total count of employee with out any date selections. What was the set analysis of the object on the right?

Not applicable
Author

hellow!!

visit my post ---> thanks

http://community.qlik.com/thread/63138?tstart=0

GabrielAraya
Employee
Employee

Hi .. but, really do you need set analysis ? If the object in the right side has the correct information .. yuo don't need SA .. perhaps I didn't understand your requeriment .. in general I use K.I.S.S ( Keep It Simple and Straightforward)

Not applicable
Author

I guess I haven't given you the total requirement. What I am looking for is Percentage of Turnover by Month. The complete set analysis would look something like this:

if (([CalendarMonthName])='Sep',(Count({<NLE_Year={'$(vCurrentYear)'},NLE_Month={'Sep'}>} EmployeeDirectory.ID))

/Count ({<CalendarMonthAndYear = {"$(<=Date(MonthEnd(Date#(NLE_MonthName, 'MMM YYYY')),'MMM YYYY'))"},CalendarMonthAndYear = {"$(>=Date(MonthEnd(Date#(NLE_MonthName, 'MMM YYYY')),'MMM YYYY'))"}>} Total <CalendarMonthName>  EmployeeDirectory.ID))

So I am taking the people in Sep. who are no longer here and then dividing it by the total amount of people who were here at that time. I am looking for a percentage of Turnover for that month. I had to build a independant calendar because I couldn't use the DOH_Date or the NLE_Date and that is why I am using CalendarMonthName from code I found on the Community. Any ideas I know you are probably growing weary.

Thank you,

OnePuttGril