Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramcena306
Creator II
Creator II

Months Period Issue ?

Hi All,

I have a chart which shows Some period of months. The problem is when I click on some filters, the order of the months are changing.

I am not getting any idea on how trigger this. Please help... Even I can't find out where's the error is?

PFA.

Regards,

ramesh

stalwar1loveisfailsureshqvhhajjalitresescojontydkpikush141087shiveshsingharvind1494farheenayesha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You must be using an expression for sorting... make sure to ignore selection (may be just {1}) in sorting expression

View solution in original post

20 Replies
sunny_talwar

You must be using an expression for sorting... make sure to ignore selection (may be just {1}) in sorting expression

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try this

=match(capitalize(only({1}MonthField)),'JAN','FEB','MAR','APR','MAY','JUN','JUL','AUG','SEP','OCT','NOV','DEC')

sunny_talwar

How did you get to know what the sort expression was

ramcena306
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

I didn't get you.

Actually, it's working fine for some filters, but when I select anyone in Defect Status--The month of the order is getting wrong.

ramcena306
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Chanty,

Still getting the same..

sunny_talwar

Are you using an expression for sorting on the sorting tab?

clovati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

In your load script you can write a new field (e.g Month_Order) If month = JAN, then 1, If FEB then 2,.... and then sort by this new field 

ramcena306
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No Sunny !

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to check this out?