cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

More than 3 Tier achitecture

Hello Everyone,

can anyone suggest me how to developed step by step multitired application in qlikview.

Thank You.

10 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

let say 3-tier ,

Data source layer:

this section data loaded from database/other source and stored into QVD format.

Transformation layer:

here we do all kind of data cleaning,logical calculations, transformation based on our business requirement.

Presentation layer:

Using the Binary load the Qlikview file created in Tier II is loaded in to the Qlikview file and all chart objects are created in this Tier.

Check this article,

Picture1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if i want to create more than 3 tier then what should i do?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Eventually, They developed Architect and Layers only till Binary Load ... That's called 3-tier architecture

At a high level I have the following Tiers/layers

Tier3/4: Data model and UI

Layer 4:  Create data model (star schema) using data from previous layers

Layer 5:  Binary load data model (Layer 4) into UI

More info explain 3tier architecture

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Layer 1:

You Need to Load the Data in this layer and storing  it into QVD.

Layer 2:

Using QVD(Which u have Created in Layer 1) u will Create the Data Model Here(Star,Snow Schema) 

Layer 3:

Using Binary Load you will need to Call the Layer 2 QVW file and Start creating Your  Dashboard.

• Binary Load is need to Be First in your Script

ex:Binary Sample.qvw

Thanks,

avinashelite

If you have complex transformation which could not be handle with in 3 layers ...feel free to introduce a additional layer/tier to make the transformation that is totally fine ....here the QVD out of 3 tire would be treated as the input and you could create the final QVD's .....

we do have apps which are going through 5 to 6 level of transformation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how to do 5 to 6 level of transformation?

avinashelite

it depends on the complexity of the day what your dealing ...if you taken an example of trade data you need to apply 6 to 7 level of transformation on the data set ...In each tier the data is enriched and it will pushed as an input of the next level ...like Transformation 1 , 2, 3, 4, etc and the final QVD ...each tier QVD's will be used for different purpose

Hope you understand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can you describe this?

"​We've used mostly 2-tiered QVD architecture for our bigger deployments. It's very useful for data reuse (when you have some sets of data, e.g. sales data, being used in more than one applications)."

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can able to explain ur 5 Layers starting from layer 1