Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Colours within One Expression within a Chart

Hi,

I am trying to change the colour of data calculated by one expression using the following if Statement within the Text Colour dimension so that depending on the Sales Status of a Plot the calculated data is a different colour. It doesn't work the problem being because the data is held within a single cell and so it changes the text colour all to one colour.

if([Sales Status Code]='R', Green()
     , if([Sales Status Code]='U', Blue()
     , if([Sales Status Code]= 'NR', Yellow()
     , if([Sales Status Code]= 'C', lightred()

, if([Sales Status Code]='E', LightCyan(), Black()

The Expression I am using is:

sum({<[Sales Status Code={'C', 'NR', 'U', 'E', 'R'}>}[Count Plot])

The Dimesion is:

Site and Month

It is difficult to explain so I have attached a mock up of what I wish to achieve. I have only managed to achieve this by using 5 layered charts and changing the expression to sum depending on the Sales Status and changing the Text Colour of each seperate chart to a specified colour e.g.

Chart 1 - sum({<[Sales Status Code ={'R'}>}[Count Plot])

Chart 2 - sum({<[Sales Status Code ={'R'}>}[Count Plot])

Chart 3 - sum({<[Sales Status Code ={'R'}>}[Count Plot])

Chart 4 - sum({<[Sales Status Code ={'R'}>}[Count Plot])

Chart 5 - sum({<[Sales Status Code ={'R'}>}[Count Plot])

I cannot have the Sales Status as a seperate Dimension or as Seperate Expressions within the same chart because it makes the chart far too large and almost unusable. I also cannot use the Layered chart method as the table is not a fixed size and you will need to scroll which doesn't work.

Please can advise if this is possible?

Kind Regards,

Nikki

0 Replies