Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joybratas1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Multiple Common Fields in tables. Filtering issue wrt chart

Hi, 

I have 3 tables of which two are : VIN and TRIPS. 

Fields in VIN-

stateISO, vehicle_description, vin_id, Date_range, Model_year, trip_count, min_temperature

Fields in TRIPS-

stateISO, trip_count, Date_range, min_temperature, vehicle_description, model_year.

The trip_count for TRIPS is calculated by summing the trip_count in VIN for each min_temperature of VIN grouped by VIN. state_ISO and VIN. vehicle_description

So, 

I have a chart and kpi with sum(TRIP.trip_count). I am facing the issue when I use a filter from VIN table. The sum doesn't work the intended way. While it works fine when I use the filter from TRIP table. 

For example:

TRIP. vehicle_decsription works fine in updating chart while VIN. vehicle_description gives wrong or don't update when filter is selected. 

Any help   will be greatly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Joy Brata Sarkar

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anat
Master
Master

seems you are using Qualify *,so no relation between 2 tables<VIN and TRIPS>

if you check in your  datamodel ,2 tables are iland ,thats why if u make any selection in VIN table will not reflect in TRIPS values.

recommendation is remove Qualify and rename the trip_count as trip_coint_VIN

View solution in original post

3 Replies
anat
Master
Master

seems you are using Qualify *,so no relation between 2 tables<VIN and TRIPS>

if you check in your  datamodel ,2 tables are iland ,thats why if u make any selection in VIN table will not reflect in TRIPS values.

recommendation is remove Qualify and rename the trip_count as trip_coint_VIN

joybratas1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

The Qualify statement was creating the issue I removed that. I have used Concatenation and renamed the field to 'Trip_count_new'. 

It's now working fine but the qvw file is now slower. Maybe because of the concatenation. Is there any way to better model it. 

anat
Master
Master

if stateISO is key field and it contain unique values,then you can do the inner join