Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolwaters
Contributor II
Contributor II

Multiple Date format in excel issue

Hi

I have a date field in excel with two different formats have tried using Timestamp # () Date # () also ALT () but am not getting it right. Please advise.

Note: Using QlikView 11.20 Personal Edition thus any solution please post the script will not be able to access other QVW.

Thanks.

17 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you attach your qvw file where you are getting those dashes for specific formatted dates. Are you still not getting the correct format. ?

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

coolwaters
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Antonio. Works

Thank you all for taking the time out to help.

coolwaters
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Am still getting the -. Not sure why but  the solution given by Antonio works so will move on.

Thanks again.

coolwaters
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Would like to know how were you able to deal with two different date formats ie. DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss ff & MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss ff but just 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT'. Pardon my ignorance here.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

What You see is cell representation of Excel according to Format Cell. However the content of cells for first format is like 42654.So is correct Date(DATE). Second format is what You see, then You need conversion.

Regards,

Antonio

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

If I change Format Cell of First Formt Date, then

coolwaters
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you.