Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple IDs to one ID

Hi all.

I'm stuck with an issue when trying to produce dashboards for Easyvista Service Manager data. I have various tables with ID fields that are linked to one table with the main ID and all the information linked with it like Name, Department... If I load all the fields I end up with synthetic keys and circular references. Qlikview is getting nuts when refreshing my charts

For example, table SD_REQUEST has RECIPIENT_ID, REQUESTOR_ID and OWNER_ID columns that are pointing towards the EMPLOYEE_ID column of the AM_EMPLOYEE table.

I looked for information in the community forums as well as on the web using Google but cannot find a way to handle that correctly. I explored various options but cannot seem to find the one that would fit the purpose. Before investing too much time I would like to make sure I choose the right approach.

Is the link table the way to go?

Best regards.

2 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could you share your app? I think that data model must be re engineered.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I am not sure if this helps as maybe I am not getting the full understanding of what you need. I had a similar problem with multiple files having an employee ID etc. What I did was on load of the various files I then used the "Join" function to create a separate master table with all the parsed data.

Does this make sense?

Regards

Roberto