cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phcaptjim
Creator
Creator

Multiple alternate states expression/comparison question

I have a view where I have 7 different alternate states.  The user can find a population of patients in each 'state' then I have a chart that compares the 7 states and shows how many states each patient falls into.

Here are the column headers:

Each column (C1, C2, etc) has an expression like this:

=Sum({C1}[Patient Counter])

There will be a 1 if the patient is in that state or a zero if not.

Then I have a 'Sum' column that reports how many states each patient falls into:

=C1+C2+C3+C4+C5+C6+C7

My final column is a link to the chart in our electronic health record.  Right now I am getting some blank values at random points and I can't figure out why.  Here is the expression I am using for that column:

=If(C7=1,[Patient MRN]&'<url>'&[EPIC Patient Hyperlink],

If(C6=1,[Patient MRN]&'<url>'&[EPIC Patient Hyperlink],

If(C5=1,[Patient MRN]&'<url>'&[EPIC Patient Hyperlink],

If(C4=1,[Patient MRN]&'<url>'&[EPIC Patient Hyperlink],

If(C3=1,[Patient MRN]&'<url>'&[EPIC Patient Hyperlink],

If(C2=1,[Patient MRN]&'<url>'&[EPIC Patient Hyperlink],

If(C1=1,[Patient MRN]&'<url>'&[EPIC Patient Hyperlink]

)))))))

Since I have to put this hyperlink as an expression (I wish we could do dimensions as expressions) I have to use an expression so I don't get every patient.  This chart is NOT in an alternate state since I need it to ready all the states.  Everything works well except that last column.  Does anyone have an neat ideas on this?

Thanks!

15 Replies
phcaptjim
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes.  The reason is the 1's and 0's are from the alternate states where the other field is not.

sunny_talwar

Why don't you make MRN from alternate state also?

phcaptjim
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm not sure how that would work.  Each state (C1, C2, etc) will have different lists of MRN's but the chart is a master list of all MRN's from the states.  For example....

MRN

111     --comes from C1

222     --comes from C2

333     --comes from C3

444     --comes from C3 and C4

Also, I just realized the original solution doesn't always work.

Notice some hyperlinks are underlined and some are not.  I didn't realize this would be so challenging.

NOTE: These values have been scrambled and do not contain real data.

sunny_talwar

May be this

Only({C1+C2+C3+C4+C5+C6+C7}[Patient MRN])

bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sunny,

Here, I am having also one Query like this

I have 6 alternate states named as set1, set2, set3, set4, set5, set6 (These 6 are Current Selection boxes i.e i used state name function) and i have 4 list boxes named as year, Category, Product name, Customer (Now these 4 are with another alternate state named as 'proposed').

Now i have created one straight table with these columns year, Category, Product name, Customer, Sum(Quantity).

But, i want to show the values when we pass our selections to that sets those values only i want to see.

for that i used sum({Set1 + Set2 + Set3 + Set4 + Set5 + Set6} Quantity). Here, also i am getting problem.. when i pass the selections to all sets that time only it is giving correct result.

My requirement is if i pass my selections to only set1 then also i wnat correct result / if pass the selections to 2 or 3 sets then that time also i want correct result

For that How can i write my expression can you give me the suggestion apart from i used these below expressions also:

=sum({<[Sales Person]=Set1 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set1 ::Customer>} Quantity)

+sum({<[Sales Person]=Set2 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set2 ::Customer>} Quantity)

+sum({<[Sales Person]=Set3 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set3 ::Customer>} Quantity)

+sum({<[Sales Person]=Set4 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set4 ::Customer>} Quantity)

+sum({<[Sales Person]=Set5 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set5 ::Customer>} Quantity)

=sum({<[Sales Person]=Set1 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set1 ::Customer>} Quantity)

&sum({<[Sales Person]=Set2 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set2 ::Customer>} Quantity)

&sum({<[Sales Person]=Set3 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set3 ::Customer>} Quantity)

&sum({<[Sales Person]=Set4 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set4 ::Customer>} Quantity)

&sum({<[Sales Person]=Set5 ::[Sales Person],Customer=Set5 ::Customer>} Quantity)

=num(sum({(vFilterStates)} Quantity))  ---------------(vFilterStates is the variable which i created)

(This is not giving any result)

=Sum({(vFilterStates)} Quantity)

(This is also not giving any result)

For "vFilterStates" Variable i used this expression

= If( len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set1'))

+ len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set2'))

+ len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set3'))

+ len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set4'))

+ len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set5'))

+ len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set6'))

=0, '$',

if(len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set1'))>0, 'Set1+','')

& if(len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set2'))>0, 'Set2+','')

& if(len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set3'))>0, 'Set3+','')

& if(len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set4'))>0, 'Set4+','')

& if(len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set5'))>0, 'Set5+','')

& if(len(GetCurrentSelections('','',1,'Set6'))>0, 'Set6+',''))

Can you please help me out from this

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a qvw sample to show your issue?