Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashis
Creator III
Creator III

Multiple job dependency with "And" Condition - QMC (QLIKVIEW)

Hi All,

I want to create multiple (3 jobs) dependencies on one trigger.

For example job 4 would only start after Job1, Job2, Job3 complete successfully . If any of these jobs do not run then Job4 should not run.

In theory Job4 would only run when

Job1 successfully finishes "AND "

Job2 successfully finishes "AND"

Job3 successfully finishes. 

Currently it seems it is working as "OR" operation.

I tested with 2 scenario , in first scenario i created task trigger for Job4 and multiple job events then added all 3 jobs , however it did not work , it is acting like "OR" operator.

in the second scenario, i created task trigger  for job4 and three task dependencies however it is also having similar behavior.

Is there any way we can create multiple job dependencies for one job that would act as AND operator ?

Thank you.

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Create a task for job1 which starts to a certain time - job2 task is then on the succeful run of job1 (the option is called: "On Event from another Task"), the same with job3 in regard to job2 and so on.

- Marcus

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your reply.

This is not what i want. i do not want jobs dependent on one after one.

Job1 , Job2 and Job3 are independent jobs and only Job4 will start if all 3 previously jobs ran successfully.

marcus_sommer

Just with the normal it's not possible out of the box. By using the publisher there may be possibilities because a task could have multiple triggers whereby I don't know if there are also various dependencies possible.

What you could do is to change your task-chain? If this is really no option you will need to do the checks within job4. This might be done by reading the filesize() / filetime() of qvw's from job 1 - 3 or any there created qvd's or job 1 - 3 create one or several parameters (simple text-files) which are read from job4 and then something like this:

if check = true() then
   YourLoadScript
else
   I'm an artificial error to break the script
end if

- Marcus

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Marcus.

I am using QlikView Publisher, somehow it is not working . i want to create dependency based on AND operator.

I will try to handle it from inside the QVW file itself.

Thank you.