Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple states in a listbox

Hi,

I'm developping an app wich have a lot of states, for this reason I have to create one listbox for each state and the finalt result is too confusing.

Now, as an alternative, I'm triying to create an unique listbox for all the states but I dont know how to wite the expresion. The first temptative was to write a structure like this:

=if(variable1 = 1, {state1} FieldA, (if(variable2 = 1, {state2} FieldA,...))

but unfortunately I did not  succeed.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

For doing this, you don't have to do anything with the listbox... instead use this in your expressions

{[State1]<GlobalFilter = $::GlobalFilter>}

And now this expression is still in State1, it will honor default states selection in GlobalFilter field.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Sunny, thanks for your post

I do not know if that might be what I'm looking for because the purpose of the expression for the list box is to activate whit a button, setted by a variable, the state. The ultimate goal is that when I select the button of the state 1 the  list box, wich has reference to one field, can filter the data for this state and when I select the button of the state 1 the  list box filter the data for the state 2 and so on.

Do you have an example of your proposal to analyze if it is feasible?

Thank you so much