Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlikandlearn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multiple tasks calling same QVW in QMC

Hi,

One of report I'm working, currently have 7 schedules with different task names  and one dependent on other one as below screenshot and last 2 schedules will distribute the report to user groups. 

Task_Name_123(Test.qvw)

• Task_Name_324(Test.qvw)
    • Task_Name_345(Test.qvw)
      • Task_Name_453(Test.qvw)
        • Task_Name_456(Test.qvw)

some times, this report is available and some times not available for users on access point, Can any one explain me as I'm new to QlikView,

1. why same qvw is calling many times with different task names?, what is the reason?
  2. Is this the cause to make this report not available on access point?

Appreciated any help.

Thanks.

Labels (6)
1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I cannot say the reason why you are using the same QVW in chained tasks, only the developer who created that can answer it.

In my case, I would never go that way, and use several different QVWs in each step, unless there is a very good reason not to.

Are those tasks reload tasks, distribution only, reload and distribute?
Is the document never available to any user, or it is available to some users but not to others at the same time?

Basically, a document will be available in the AccessPoint when:
1.- You are using an authenticated account (NTLM, Headers, others)
2.- You are authorized to see the document (in QlikView QMC when using DMS and in the Operating System when using NTFS)
3.- If the app is using section access, you are a member of such table with access to some data after the data reduction happens

Even if the file is being reloaded, the QVW should always appear in the AccessPoint except, maybe, for very short periods of time while the QVW is being locked and written and somehow the Web Server cannot reach that file, which can happen especially if the QVW is large, several GB in disk, and writing the file can take a few minutes.
2.-