Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NULL values not being counted

Relating to the same tables on this thread: http://community.qlik.com/thread/95797

Imagine I have a row with NULL value in Days Bucket column. This NULL value comes from an excel sheet with an empty cell.

So for my pivot table I have an option to show an extra column for NULL values of Days Bucket.

The bad thing is that in the Count([Days Bucket]) in the sub column for NULL Days Buckets it shows 0 even if there are some rows with empty(NULL) Days Bucket.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Miguel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Instead of Count(if(IsNull([Days Bucket]), 1, [Days Bucket]))

just did

Count(Full Text Reason Code)

because there are no empty columns in Full Text Reason Code.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel
You can apply a value to the null columns on your script that does not affect your calculations (either 0 or or a letter) so when you count those values the NULLS will be included and when you do other operations with the field (like sum or avg), it won't affect the result
Something like If(IsNull([Days Bucket]),0,[Days Bucket]) as [Days Bucket]
Hope it helps

Pablo

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not sure what you're trying to do. Perhaps it's as simple as disabling the Suppress Zero Values on the Presentation tab of the properties window. Or if you want another expression to count the nulls: nullcount([Days Bucket]).

Perhaps if you posted an example document with enough sample data to demonstrate the issue somebody can create a solution for you.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Count(if(IsNull([Days Bucket]), 1, [Days Bucket]))

I don't know if this is a good solution, but it worked.

I don't understand why QlikView don't do this automatically...

Not applicable
Author

Instead of Count(if(IsNull([Days Bucket]), 1, [Days Bucket]))

just did

Count(Full Text Reason Code)

because there are no empty columns in Full Text Reason Code.