Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Name Expression in graph

Hello all,

I have a stupid problem...

I want the name of the attractions (expressions), mentioned in the legend on the right IN the barchart.

Every name is an expression.

error loading image

Need a challenge ? I want the names vertical in the bars...[8-)]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jochen,

this is achievable :-). First add another expression: =attractions, make it Invisible (use check box in expressions tab), remove "Bar" in display option (again in expressions tab) and check "Plot values inside segments" and "Vertical" in presentation tab

Check attached example.

Regards!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jochen,

this is achievable :-). First add another expression: =attractions, make it Invisible (use check box in expressions tab), remove "Bar" in display option (again in expressions tab) and check "Plot values inside segments" and "Vertical" in presentation tab

Check attached example.

Regards!

kji
Employee
Employee

Made a small example, if you prefer to not show the legend to the side it can be turned off on the presentation page.

Not applicable
Author

hey Johan ,

i like your approach better than mine 🙂 i always forget about dual function 🙂

Not applicable
Author

THX you 2 !!!

Problem solved !!

BUT... Any way to adjust the font ???

I know... I just want to please the bosses

Not applicable
Author

I changed the font / size / color !!

Third challenge : get the name on the bottom...

Not applicable
Author

Why do you have single expression for each attraction? Can you move wanted attractions as dimension and have only one expression (like sum(sales)?

Not applicable
Author

I'll have a try.

The main database is a mess...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jochen,

in attached file is the chart with modified data - added "AttractionName" field which is used as dimension in the chart. Chart itself has 3 expressions. Use first 2 to get labels on bottom. The third one is used for labels in the middle (Johan's solution)

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

YOU ARE GREAT !!!!!!!

thx !