Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Navigate Line chart to Scatter chart

Hello,

I've a line chart and scatter chart. The end user want to select the data of line chart. So qlikvew allows the user to select it. But once the user selects the data he need to see the scatter chart.

I don't want buttion action.

Here i'm attaching image to make u understand..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

First, I don't recommend this because there is always going to be a user who says, "I don't want it to happen that way", and then you get deeper into the mire.  easiest way is to just give them a button to show/hide the scatter.

If you must, then just add a show condition (Layout tab) to check if the dimension of the chart has been selected.  In the Line chart, the condition will be:

=GetSelectedCount(Field1)=0

and in the Scatter it will be:

=GetSelectedCount(Field1)>0

If the user makes a selection on the chart, the line chart will disappear and the scatter will appear.

Regards,

Stephen

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

First, I don't recommend this because there is always going to be a user who says, "I don't want it to happen that way", and then you get deeper into the mire.  easiest way is to just give them a button to show/hide the scatter.

If you must, then just add a show condition (Layout tab) to check if the dimension of the chart has been selected.  In the Line chart, the condition will be:

=GetSelectedCount(Field1)=0

and in the Scatter it will be:

=GetSelectedCount(Field1)>0

If the user makes a selection on the chart, the line chart will disappear and the scatter will appear.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Thanx a lot.. This requiremetn came from my client. If he again ask to provide a button then i can handle it. But he want what i asked you.

It is good idea..It will work.