Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Help Converting a Date in CSV file

Good Morning All;

I am having a problem converting a Date from our vendor.  The file is coming to us as several CSV files.  Here are a few of the dates found in the IFADate field:

00:12.9

11:19.3

51:29.8

If I use Excel 2007 and format the cells using date (mm/dd/yy hh:ss) all translate as 1/0/1900 *****.  But if I use Excel 2010 the dates will be formatted properly.  Rather than "editing" the CSV files before load I would like QlikView to do it in the Load process.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Mike

8 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

=date(date#('51:29.8', 'YYYY:DD.MM'))

=date(date#(IFADate , 'YYYY:DD.MM'))

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Depends on what the numbers represent... are they minutes, seconds and decimal seconds, or? If so I would use

Time#(IFADate, 'mm:ss.fff')

But QlikView still doesn't know of which month, day or hour these minutes belong. So you need to supply that, e.g. by

Time( MakeTime(12) + Time#(IFADate, 'mm:ss.fff'), 'hh:mm:ss.fff' ) as Time

or

TimeStamp( MakeDate(2014,07,15) + MakeTime(12) + Time#(IFADate, 'mm:ss.fff'), 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss.fff' ) as TimeStamp

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks...output looks different.  Where I was getting nothing now the dates are as follows:

00:12.9 translates as 36,869

09:12.4                as 40,151

27:12.4                as 46,725

So I am getting thing to change but not all dates are converting.  Only the 3 dates above.  There are 19 others

Thanks again.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

could you post the csv file with the dates (just the dates field)?

Not applicable
Author

Here you go...InvFollowup.csv

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Try this,

date(

alt(

date#(IFADate , 'YYYY:DD.MM'),

date#(IFADate , 'MM:DD:YYYY'),

date#(IFADate , 'DD:MM:YYYY'),

)

, 'YYYY:MM:DD'  )

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Here you go...InvFollowup.csv

Not sure what happened to the first

PrashantSangle

Hi,

I am not sure but your IFADate contain only time

there is no date values contain in IFADate

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂