Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramasaisaksoft

Need a technique

Hi friends/Experts,

i have a n Inline load

Load * INLINE [

service id,Service Type

1,Agency

2,Non Agency

];

Agency_Table:

agency_Name (this field is having some data)

in the Report i need to show when the user select "Agency" then straight table need to show (agency_name<>'DIRECT')

IF the user select "NON Agency" then straight table need to show (agency_name='DIRECT')

How can i achieve this result .please help me

Note:- there is no list box for Agency_Name in report

i tried like this

=if([Service Type]='Agency' and [Agency Name]<>'DIRECT',

if(([Service Type]='Non Agency' and [Agency Name]='DIRECT'),[Agency Name])) 

there was no error in expression but it is not given proper result for me

if i checked for

=if([Service Type]='Agency' and [Agency Name]<>'DIRECT',[Agency Name])

it is giving proper results for this ,But if i add 2nd statement i didn't got results please help me.

In advance thanks to all experts who r helped to me.

6 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

What is your Expression?

Or

Create a Straight Table

Dimension

agency_name

Expression (something like below, Change accordingly)

IF([Service Type] = 'Agency',SUM({<agency_name -= {'DIRECT'}>}Value),SUM({<agency_name = {'DIRECT'}>}Value))

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Does  the list box for [Service Type] allow 'only 1 selected value' ?  That would be important. If so i think you need to use an aggregation function to get the selected value like only ( [Service Type])  or create a variable called  vSelectedServiceType  with a formula  =Only([Service Type])

Then in your expression you could create a calculated dimension like:

if( only([Service Type])='Agency' and [Agency Name]<>'DIRECT',[Agency Name])

or

if(  $(vSelectedServiceType)='Agency' and [Agency Name]<>'DIRECT',[Agency Name])

The first option may need an aggr() in there but the 2nd option is better IMHO.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check enclosed file...

cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

You could use the GetFieldSelections() function to determine what is selected in that list box. Then in your expression or calculated dimension do something such as :

if(GetFieldSelections(ServiceType,';',10) = 'Agency', TRUE STATEMENT, FALSE STATEMENT) . You could also nest this If statement if necessary to accommodate more values.

ramasaisaksoft
Author

please check above attachments for better understanding,

here i need if user selects "Agency" then straight table chart needs to show data  without "direct" agency

if the user selects"Non Agency " then straight table chart needs to show data  which is  "Direct" agency .

please help me.

cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

I have implemented the logic i created earlier to edit your QVW. Take a look at the expression and how the table changes when you select a value in the Agency/Non-Agency Field.