Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

Need help for - Conditional enabling of Expression and Dimension

Hi,

I have created a Conditional enabling of Expression and Dimension in Qlikview and I made a condition like that user have to select at least  one dimension and expression. But now I want to show dynamic error message in straight table as when user does not select any dimensions, he will get an error message and if user does not select any expression, he will get another error message.

So, I want to show error message based on the user selections. So how to do in straight table.

Thanks,

Sandip

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Sandip,

you can set a calculation condition on the chart itself, which you set to ensure a dimension and expression has been selected. You can then adjust the message that is displayed by the failed condition.

calc condition.PNG

Hope that helps

Joe

ankitaag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

The condition should be

=if(GetFieldSelections(FieldName)>0,GetFieldSelections(FieldName),'Error- Dimension not selected')

same for the expression.

But to do it in a straight table, need a small sample data.

Do not attach the qvw as I have personal edition of qlikview..

Kindly attach a small excel or mention an inline.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankita

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You can do a static error message by using conditional calculation with a custom error message. To do it dynamically, I would use conditional display of a text box and conditionally hide the text box and show the table when the user selects both a metric and a dimension.

So the conditional show of the table would be:

=GetSelectedCount(Dimension) > 0 And GetSelectedCount(Expresssion) > 0

And for the text box

=GetSelectedCount(Dimension) = 0 Or GetSelectedCount(Expresssion) = 0

And the could be dynamic like this:

=If(GetSelectedCount(Dimension) = 0. 'You need to select one or more dimensions. ', '') &

If(GetSelectedCount(Expression) = 0. 'You need to select one or more expressions.', '')

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein