Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help with "and" in LOAD in 8.5

Hi,

I desperately need help with below condition. This works fine in version 8.2, but in version 8.5 "Expected" isn't even showing up in the multibox. What could be wrong? What is different in this case between 8.2 and 8.5?

Greatful for help!

In the LOAD script...

if(I_R='N' and P = 'S' and IsNull(IC), 'Expected',

if(I_R = 'Y', 'Received',

if(IC = '1', 'Archived',

if(P = 'R', 'Invoice'

)

)

)

) as [D Status],

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try replacing

IsNull(IC)

with

len(IC)=0

That might help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answer! The problem though isnt with IsNull(), the problem is with the "and". Even if I take I_R = 'N' and P = 'S' it won't work. I_R='N' works fine, and so does P='S' but not together. I start to think it a but causing this as I had the same in v. 8.2 the other day, and then the next day it worked...

//Marie

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ahrodie68,

Try like this..

if(I_R='N' , (if( P = 'S', (if(IsNull(IC), 'Expected', if(I_R = 'Y', 'Received',if(IC = '1', 'Archived',if(P = 'R', 'Invoice'))))),

if(I_R = 'Y', 'Received',if(IC = '1', 'Archived',if(P = 'R', 'Invoice')))),

if(I_R = 'Y', 'Received',if(IC = '1', 'Archived',if(P = 'R', 'Invoice'))))

as [D Status],

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Arun!

I have a small problem with the closing of brackets in that code. Could you please help me straighten out what closes where?

//Marie

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ahrodie68 ,

now try the below Expression.

if(I_R='N' , (if( P = 'S', (if(IsNull(IC), 'Expected', if(I_R = 'Y', 'Received',if(IC = '1', 'Archived',if(P = 'R', 'Invoice') ) ) ) ),

if(I_R = 'Y', 'Received',if(IC = '1', 'Archived',if(P = 'R', 'Invoice'))) )),

if(I_R = 'Y', 'Received',if(IC = '1', 'Archived',if(P = 'R', 'Invoice'))) )

as [D Status],