Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinghankar
Contributor
Contributor

Need help with set expression

I am new to qliksense and I'm trying out a scenario as part of my learning. I have two tables Sales(contains Sales_Date) and Target(contains Target_Year and Target_Value). Sales table has values for every day and Target has year level data. I'm trying to create a table visual with both data combined. So the table visual will have the following columns: Sales_Date Target_Value

Since the Target table has year level data, I'm trying to bring Target_Value into the table visual using the below set expression in a measure =Sum({<Target_Year = {$(=Year(Date(Sales_Date)))}>}Target_Value)

This doesn't seem to work and I get no value. The expression editor doesn't throw any error. The next option would be to create a Sales_Year column in the Sales table and associate it with the Target_Year in Target table to get the corresponding Target_Value. But I would like to understand why the above expression doesn't work. Do set expression not work in row level? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Reply
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, " " in modifiers are used for evaluated values.

=Sum({<Target_Year = {"$(=Year(Date(Sales_Date)))"}>}Target_Value)