cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II

Need help with sorting and organizing data in a load statement

I'm working with a data set containing two fields that I would like to sort on:  Region and category.   I would like the flexibility to move from one sort to the next, but is there an efficient way to code this? 

If I pull all of the data using a straightforward load statement, it's difficult to analyze.  Also, some of the applications can't handle the amount of data pulled. 

So, I tried writing a separate load statement for each category (845 of them), using an if statement.  It was loading for 12 hours.   Very inefficient. 

My end goal is to be able to sort the data by region, and also by category.  Filtering my region is not difficult, because I've created a dimension for region, but do I need to create a master item for each category?   Was wondering if there was an easier way around this.

Thank you.

4 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

a few questions :

1. what is the volume of the data?

2. Why sort in the load? Sorting is handled in the front end.

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

154K x 24.  

Do I need to use  the master item for this? 

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

That is 12m records. not much for QlikView

Do I need to use  the master item for this?

Note sure what you mean by that but you need the category dimension somehow...

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'm referring to a variable we can create in Qlik Sense on the front-end.   But, I tried tweaking the load statement to create the category dimension with a list of if statements in a single load statement versus multiple load statements (which is what caused me issues).

LOAD

OCC_Title,

If("OCC_Title" = 'ABC', "OCC_Title") as "ABC",

if(                                                )  as " "

if(                                                )  as  " "