Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to add values before a particular date

I would like to add values before a particular date and I am using following formula. Though the expression is OK, but I am still not able to get desired result.

if([Posting Date]<='2013/03/31',Sum(Quantity))

Please help me.

Regards

Sangeet Malhotra

33 Replies
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

May be try

Sum(Aggr(Sum({<[Posting Date]={'<=31/03/2013 12:00:00 AM'}>}Quantity),[Location Code],[Item Category Code]))

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

How are you getting 24? can you please post a screenshot of your comparison may be? What is the objective?

Kushal_Chawda

try,

It's working for me. see the attached.

=fabs(sum(aggr(sum({<[Posting Date]={"<=$(=timestamp#('31/03/2013 12:00:00 AM','DD/MM/YYYY h:mm:ss TT'))"}>}Quantity),[Location Code],[Item Category Code],Month)))

Not applicable
Author

Dear Kushal,

Thanks for your feedback, but still results are not upto the mark. I am attaching my excel sheet for your reference. Please do have a look as I have extracted this through MS-SQL. I add up all the quantity before a particular date using following SQL query and get desired results. I am mentioning SQL query for your reference.

select sum(Quantity) from View_Stock

where [Location Code]='EAL1' and [Item Category Code]='ARM'

and [Posting Date]<='2013/03/31'

This would give me Qty as 24

and [Posting Date]<='2013/04/30'

This would give me QTY as 27.

These answers are correct but I am not able to map them into Qlikview. Please do help.

Regards

Sangeet

Not applicable
Author

Dear Sashi,

Thanks for your feedback, but still results are not upto the mark. I am attaching my excel sheet for your reference. Please do have a look as I have extracted this through MS-SQL. I add up all the quantity before a particular date using following SQL query and get desired results. I am mentioning SQL query for your reference.

and [Posting Date]<='2013/03/31'

This would give me Qty as 24

and [Posting Date]<='2013/04/30'

This would give me QTY as 27.

These answers are correct but I am not able to map them into Qlikview. Please do help.

Regards

Sangeet

Kushal_Chawda

Please see the attached.

You can change the Date in input box to see the results dynamically

Not applicable
Author

Dear Kush,

Please do have a look at attached screenshot.

EAL1 for ARM for May is showing 24, whereas it should be 24 for April, 27 for May and so on. Please do examine my excel sheet for your reference.

Regards

Sangeet

Not applicable
Author

I am not able to open Qlilkview file sent by you as I am on trial version of same. Please do suggest some other option.

Regards

Sangeet

Not applicable
Author

Dear Sasi,

Please do help me as I am not able to move further. I would like to add all quantity before a particular date but it would be dynamic. Suppose I start my comparison with FY 2013-14, quantity for April 13 should add all values till 31st March 2013 and if I compare with FY 2014-15, it should add values till 31/03/2014 and so on.

Regards

Sangeet

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Hi Sangeet,

Please remove month as your dimension and use the expression for 2013-2014

Sum({<[Posting Date]={'<=31/03/2013 12:00:00 AM'}>}Quantity)

Hope this helpsUntitled2.png