cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimgibson
Contributor
Contributor

Need to graph the median

When I make a choice from a list box called Metric, I can see the value I have choosen in a text box by putting =GetFieldSelections(Metric) in the Text Box on the General tab of the Text Object.

I would like to graph the median of this value on a line chart. I cannot seem to get it to calculate the median of what I have choosen. I have tried putting these expressions in the definition of the expression on the Expressions tab but none of them produce anything. What is the correct syntax?

$(Median(=GetFieldSelections([Metric]))

$(Median(GetFieldSelections([Metric])))

Median($(GetFieldSelections([Metric])))

$(Median($(GetFieldSelections([Metric]))))

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Help on Median function:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/StatisticalAggrega...

If you want to show a line at the level of the Median in your chart, go to the Presentation tab and add a "Reference Line" (bottom right corner).

Here is an example of the expression in a situation where you want to show the median of all Durations (metric) per YearQuarter:

= Median(aggr(sum(Duration), YearQuarter))

May you live in interesting times!
jimgibson
Contributor
Contributor
Author

You are not understanding my question.  The Dimension in my line chart is correct.  In this case I am using YearMonth.  The problem is what expression do I use on the expression tab to graph the metric they have selected in the list box.  I have tried a number of ways but none of syntax work.  I need to know what syntax I would use on the expression tab.

Thanks