Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharankv
Contributor
Contributor

Need to restrict some data at script level

Hello QV experts,

I have data of where "Companies", its associated "Brands" and their "Amount Spend" details in one table. Here, I have to restrict the records while loading where the total "Amount Spend" either by "Company" or by "Brand" is Zero("0"). Also there is a scenario where some "Companies" have no "Brands" and I should restrict these kind of Companies even.

Sample Data:

Company              Brand                    Amount Spend

A                             1                              100

B                             2                               50

C                             3                               ---

A                             4                              100

B                             5                               ---

C                             6                               ---

D                             ---                              ---

In the above example, I require only the Company A and 1 record of Company B be loaded ignoring the remaining company records.

The reason is:

1) Company A has Brands 1 and 4 with some value in Amount Spend field. So both the records should be loaded.

2) Company B has Brands 2 and 5 out of which only Brand 1 is having the value in its corresponding Amount Spend field and so loading only the record which has Brand 2 ignoring the record which has Brand 5.

3) Company C has two Brands namely 3 and 6, both for which has no value in Amount Spend field and it is supposed to be restricted while loading.

4) Company D has no Brand and so loading of this particular company should also be restricted.

Hope the problem is clear.

Expecting a quick and correct response.

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards,

Sharan KV

1 Reply
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample with the expected output?