cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shonarach
Contributor III
Contributor III

Network days using monthend and monthstart

I need to find the average logged in a month to use in a calculation to see the average logged as at that day in the month, ie. the total is always automatically updating.

I have used the following code

Count([Reference])/(num(Monthend(max([BillingDateCreated])))- (Monthstart(min([BillingDateCreated]))))

This is working perfectly and is giving me the average per month and increases daily.

But i need to build in network days to find out how many item on average are logged during the working week.

Any help would be great. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

Count([Reference]) / Networkdays( Monthstart(min([BillingDateCreated])), Monthend(max([BillingDateCreated])) )

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

Count([Reference]) / Networkdays( Monthstart(min([BillingDateCreated])), Monthend(max([BillingDateCreated])) )

shonarach
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much.

I had tried your code but it tells me that I have an error in my expression.

I am following the syntax of NetworkDays(Start_Date, End_Date)

I have looked at the positioning of the brackets and they are fine. I have also tried to use Variables to set the Month Start Date and Month End Date and it still give me errors.

It looks like it should work as well

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can't see anything obvious, too.

Can you tell me more about the context you are using this expression in? E.g. are you using this in a chart?

What are the dimensions / expressions of that chart?

And how are the fields Reference and BillingDateCreate related to each other in your data model?

I assume BillingDateCreated is interpreted as a date, so that you can get the max() and min() numeric values?

shonarach
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am using 2 dimensions in a straight table. Country_Overview and Target.

The target is an excel sheet that is updated weekly that is related to a country.

The count(Reference) is the amount of billing documents created. All billing documents have a billing date which is stored as a date function so max and min should work. All billing documents also belong to a country.

Would there be a way in set analysis?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Set Analysis? Don't think that this will help us here, as far as I understood your request.

To find out why you get an error, create separate expressions for each part, like

=Count([Reference])

=Min([BillingDateCreated])

=Monthstart(Min([BillingDateCreated]))

etc.

Which part gives an error?

shonarach
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured out my error.

I was missing one of the brackets after the function 

It is now working perfectly.

Thank you very much for the help on this, much appreciated!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If your issue is resolved, then please close this thread.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful