Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New Customers throughout the years

Hi,

I'm trying to create a bar chart (stacked) to compare Customers behavior (new, kept and lost) through the time (Years, Months, etc).

New Customers_demo.PNG

Due to my dimension is "Year", I'm facing problems using Set Analysis, because it only performs the calculation one time per object not by row. I already have a "workaround" that give me the correct numbers, but I would like to know a better solution. This is my current expression:

=Pick(Match(Year,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015),

Count( {$<CustomerID=p({$<Year={2011},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)*e({$<Year={2010},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)>} distinct CustomerID),

Count( {$<CustomerID=p({$<Year={2012},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)*e({$<Year={2011},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)>} distinct CustomerID),

Count( {$<CustomerID=p({$<Year={2013},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)*e({$<Year={2012},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)>} distinct CustomerID),

Count( {$<CustomerID=p({$<Year={2014},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)*e({$<Year={2013},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)>} distinct CustomerID),

Count( {$<CustomerID=p({$<Year={2015},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)*e({$<Year={2014},Sales={'>0'}>} CustomerID)>} distinct  CustomerID)

)

Find my New Customers_demo.QVW example attached.

* I also tried using Alternate States and AsOf Tables, but I couldn't make them work.

** I'm not considering doing aggregations in the script at this moment because the data model is more complex, and I would like to make this analysis using other dimensions.

Regards,

12 Replies
hvfalcao
Creator
Creator

Hi Octavio,

With some adaptations I was able to make it work, because I'm loading with SQL... but the rest is just perfect...

The only problem now is that I need to separate, NEW from RETURNING clients... Do you have any idea?

New - just the first year that the client bought.

Returning - when the client has already bought some year, dint bought for a year, a returned on the next year...

I really appreciated your help! Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henrique,

Maybe you can use a Mapping Table and and Apply map or following the same scripting. Something like:

if(Peek(CustomerID, -2) = CustomerID and Peek(Sales?,-2) = 1 and Sales? = 1 and Peek(Sales?) = 0, 1, null()) as R

hvfalcao
Creator
Creator

Octavio,

I found the solution to my case. Please check this link if you want: Re: New/Lost/Returning/Loyal Customers

Thank you!