Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New Fields to the existing table in edit script.

Hello ,

My name is Jaya, I am very new to qlikview i trying to fulfill these below requirement and couldn't able to achieve it. So kindly some look into this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a table with 5 fields (Gen ID, Q ID, CODE, Amount, and Step) . I would need to added 3 new fields to the table with names (Amount Increase FLAG, Amount Decrease FLAG, CODE ADDED )

CODE ADDED -  If there is any CODE with its GenID and Q ID present in Step ‘TWO’ should be fagged as ‘1’ (Note: If Same combination of the CODE ‘s GenID and Q ID is present in Setp ‘ONE’ for any of the records in the table, then we don’t flag that record. Please see the screen shot of required table.)

Amount Increase FLAG – Need to create a flag,  where the record with same Gen D,Q ID and CODE present in Step ‘ONE’ and the same combination of record present in Step ‘TWO’ – then if Amount in Step ‘ONE’ is greater than Step’TWO’ – then create a flag at Step ’ONE’ as ‘1’

Amount Decrease FLAG – Need to create a flag,  where the record with same Gen D,Q ID and CODE present in Step ‘ONE’ and the same combination of record present in Step ‘TWO’ – then if Amount in Step ‘ONE’ is less than Step’TWO’ – then create a flag at Step ’ONE’ as ‘1’

Capture1.PNG

Captur11e.PNG

Thanks in Advance,

Jaya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try two LEFT JOINs and a reload into a new Resident table. Let's call your original data set "Table":

LEFT JOIN(Table)

LOAD 'TWO' AS Step, Gen ID, [Q ID], CODE, 1 AS [INVERSE CODE ADDED]

RESIDENT Table

WHERE Step = 'ONE';

LEFT JOIN(Table)

LOAD 'ONE' AS Step, Gen ID, [Q ID], CODE, Amount AS Step2Amount

RESIDENT Table

WHERE Step = 'TWO';

The final piece of code doesn't obey your exaplanation, as it defined Increase flag = 1 as meaning that TWO < ONE? I reversed this to match your example output table, not the explanation:

FinalTable:

NOCONCATENATE

LOAD Gen ID, [Q ID], CODE, Step,

IF ((Step = 'ONE') AND (Amount < Step2Amount)), 1) AS [Amount Increase FLAG],

IF ((Step = 'ONE') AND (Amount > Step2Amount)), 1) AS [Amount Decrease FLAG],,

IF ((Step = 'TWO') AND IsNull([INVERSE CODE ADDED]), 1) AS [CODE ADDED]

RESIDENT Table;

DROP Table Table;

RENAME Table FinalTable TO Table;

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try two LEFT JOINs and a reload into a new Resident table. Let's call your original data set "Table":

LEFT JOIN(Table)

LOAD 'TWO' AS Step, Gen ID, [Q ID], CODE, 1 AS [INVERSE CODE ADDED]

RESIDENT Table

WHERE Step = 'ONE';

LEFT JOIN(Table)

LOAD 'ONE' AS Step, Gen ID, [Q ID], CODE, Amount AS Step2Amount

RESIDENT Table

WHERE Step = 'TWO';

The final piece of code doesn't obey your exaplanation, as it defined Increase flag = 1 as meaning that TWO < ONE? I reversed this to match your example output table, not the explanation:

FinalTable:

NOCONCATENATE

LOAD Gen ID, [Q ID], CODE, Step,

IF ((Step = 'ONE') AND (Amount < Step2Amount)), 1) AS [Amount Increase FLAG],

IF ((Step = 'ONE') AND (Amount > Step2Amount)), 1) AS [Amount Decrease FLAG],,

IF ((Step = 'TWO') AND IsNull([INVERSE CODE ADDED]), 1) AS [CODE ADDED]

RESIDENT Table;

DROP Table Table;

RENAME Table FinalTable TO Table;

Best,

Peter