Qlik Announces Qlik Talend Cloud and Qlik Answers: LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimoHart
Contributor III
Contributor III

New Table from 3 filtered CSV files (Transpose - Line by Line)

Hello, 

brand new Qlik User with a massive project ... 

Reinvent a running application using QLIK instead of hardcoded C# . We do have this hardcoded C# exe file which forwards 3 CSV files line by line into a new SQL Master-table. Applying filters deleting empty rows and transpose the data structure. Acctually the transpose function is the major reason we do this line by line. 

Now how will I be able to create this master table in Qlik. The attached picture is just a sample of the first part of the original code - creating the Mastertable from filterd Project table.  Transposing is not shown yet. But I need to know if it is possible at all. 

In Qlik I hardly codes anything yet. BUT in fact what I did so far is not even working out . The where statement is not considered and the table PROJEKTE looks very poor compared to the original CSV there is a lot of data missing. 

Dont be confused because of the xls file extension .. it is a CSV format delimiter Tab. 

Best regards 

Timo  

Labels (3)
16 Replies
TimoHart
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tabletuner , not yet ... still working on a final solution. I postet this picture only to finalise the problem statement. Within other Topics in here we move on to eventually do NOT USE generic load. As Marcus explains this is critical and we believe we will be able to find different solution. But to answer you question - Problem is not yet solved only several ways are seen. Best Regards Thanks Timo

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Timo, in the attachment you will find a general idea of the use of generic load to your problem. After some finetuning in the transformation you might be able to solve it.

TimoHart
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks TableTuner . I need to talk to our companies IT to import as I am probably not allowed yet. I get a timeout and I am not able to see the LOG file. "The Rest API called Timeout between Services" 

Best Regards 

TimoHart
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tabletuner - I do still have some issues with this file. Can't import. Even our IT will get the ""The Rest API called Timeout between Services" error. Can you let me know what might be the issue ?  

Regards 

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Timo,

the file was created in QlikView. Maybe you are trying to open it in Sense?

TimoHart
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is true!  Please can you supply a Sense version ? 

TimoHart
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got it Tabletuner ... we extracted code and moved to Sense ...