cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III

New to Qlik, Easy question

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've coded anything. Just need a little refresher. I am simply trying to get some information to show in a textbox on a dashboard I am building. Lets say I wanted to add the sum of Processed_Dash in Mechanical Inspection that are completed from 6/1/2017 and 6/2/2017. What is the correct syntax to pull this information in a textbox expression? Thanksjr_data.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution might be:

=Sum({$<Program_Dash={'AAA'},Date_Dash={'6/1/2017','6/2/2017'}>} Processed_Dash)

QlikCommunity_Thread_265895_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_265895_Pic1.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution might be:

=Sum({$<Program_Dash={'AAA'},Date_Dash={'6/1/2017','6/2/2017'}>} Processed_Dash)

QlikCommunity_Thread_265895_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_265895_Pic1.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does 6/1/2017 and 6/2/2017 are constants, If so Marco solution works like chart, If it is not static then you must build up the dynamic expression that part you have to explain little more

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This seems to be working, but now the requirements will be needed for yesterday.

I believe this is the correct way to do so, just is pulling up today's data for some reason.

Sum({$<Program_Dash={'Mechanical Inspection'},Date_Dash={'date(Today()-1)'}>} Processed_Dash)

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I was able to use the today function to get Today's date and retrieve the data using the equation, Using this equation, I need to retrieve yesterday's data, but no data is pulling up. Thanks!

Sum({$<Program_Dash={'Mechanical Inspection'},Date_Dash={'date(Today()-1)'}>} Processed_Dash)