Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to Qlikview

Hi All,

what is the difference between report and dashboard?

help me

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
marwen_garwachi
Creator II
Creator II

1 In the background

• Recipients:

The first difference I see between reporting and a dashboard is on target group. Most often reporting is for the hierarchy while the dashboard is for him to serve himself.

This is the case for example of the dashboard of a commercial service which is a tool used by the sales department to the manager, the pilot, lead change and especially achieve its objectives. However, the reporting done by the sales department is rather for the hierarchy that may be senior management or the parent company.

• Indicators

The 2nd difference is found most often in the indicators selected from one or the other. Generally in reporting it is mainly performance indicators while in the dashboard there is a balance between measures of leverage and performance indicators.

2 In the form

Dashboards are only a mix of tables and graphs (mini graphs) and should fit on one page or on one screen. Reporting (report) may also be a mixture of graphs and tables, but you can just as easily use charts only, depending on the model chosen.

3 The function:

Reporting aims to generally monitor the work of the subordinate. Reporting can also be used to monitor the performance of management or department. By against a dashboard allows the control, management and even change management in a company.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Pretty much the same thing. One distinction that we use here in our organization is that a dashboard would be immune to user selections.

I generally build dashboards using {1} modifiers (along with some additional filters) to make sure that I'm looking at the complete data set. That way when users click around and make selections, the dashboard stays constant.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your post. now im clear about the reports and dashboards.

thanks,

Maalya.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Maalya.