Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to Qlikview

Just having troble developing a dashboard based on Employee data from Oracle.

I have a number of tables that I have exported into excel and uploaded into Qlikview.  I would like some help on the best way in which to design a dashboard that opens with current employees.  But be able to use the calendar to flick between how many employees were employed in a different year/month.

This would be the same for leavers or new starters.  as you can see from the example I have:

1 table that is all the employees that have ever been employed with a start date

table 2 is assignment changes that have occured against the employees since they started

table 3 is leavers with date they left the organisation

table 4 is assignment details (employment specific information for the employees)

Table 5 is position information

and lastly a calendar with Year/month/week etc.

As a newbie to qlikview I have got this far but am struggling to determine how I go about how many employees I had in say 2009 and what position they were in and what FTE they were.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

To start with, I would suggest that you load your [_EMP no] your [EMPhireDate] and your [AMPLeavingDate] into 1 table.

Then make a new field by using:

Load..

IF (ISNULL([AMPLeavingDate]) , 'Hired' , "Left'  as StatusEMP

Resident ..

Now you have a new field which you can use in your expression or use a selection box in your QV document.

Let me know if this is working for you.

Good Luck,

Dennis.