Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III

New to skripting - sum if

Dear all,

how to I count participants from a field called "age"?

I want to show the number of participants that have an "age" value via a KPI Diagram.

I know this is simple, too simple, but I am only now starting to look into skripting after I think I have explored all basic functionality.

Appreciate your feedback!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

count({$<age={"*"}>} participants)

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

It would be helpful if you can provide more information and possible a sample with the expectation of the output you are looking to get. Difficult to know what you might be trying to get without much details

QlikCommunity Tip: How to get answers to your post?

MarcoWedel

count({$<age={"*"}>} participants)

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you start with an extremely vague premise, you'll get wildly diverse responses. Probably none of them fit your bill from the start.

Maybe you should start by telling us in what form your source data will be made available (participants? age? What is the relation between these two fields? Where do they come from? Why don't all participants have an age, while on average all 7 billion of us do have an age? What sort of QV model did you create up to this point? Can you post it here?)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Oh - and the Excel concept SUMIF doesn't really exist in QV. But then I guess that we all agree on the fact that QV is way more advanced than Excel .

Just joking.

florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot, Marco! Highly appreciated

florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I should have read this beforehand, will improve! Thank you for pointing me the right directtion, Sunny T

MarcoWedel

you're welcome

please close your thread if your question is answered:

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

thanks

regards

Marco