Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Newbie, problem with timestamp in LOAD

Hi Folks,

Newbie here with a first question to the expert community,

I inherited a QlikView report which was importing data from an excel worksheet, utilising the ooxml function, and doing so perfectly. The report contained a few variables read from the table columns and two of these were dates / times of events.

These were acknowledged in the LOAD script by utilising the timestamp LOAD command thus;

LOAD     timestamp (DTREQ) as reqTS,

timestamp (DTAUT) as autTS,

These work perfectly and allow a ffurther scrupted calcumation to work flawlessly sebtracing one from the other to give a time difference between the two events.

However, the data set has grown now and I am encountering the excel row limit issue!

No problem, I will simply import from a txt file by changing ooxml to txt with appropriate parameters.

This works well in terms of importing the data, but it will not import my date / time column data. If i remove the timestamp command from the LOAD, then it imports the data perfectly, but as text. If i replace the timestamp command, it will not import at all.

The bottom line is that 'timestamp' in a scripted LOAD behaves differently between an ooxml import and a txt import!!

Can anyone advise why and how I can manage this?

Many thanks,

Steve

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

text can't be dual(), so try (assume your format ist hh:mm)

timestamp(timestamp# (DTREQ,'hh:mm')) as reqTS ...

maxgro
MVP
MVP

I think you need an interpretation function (date# or timestamp#)

Get the Dates Right

QlikView Date fields

MarcoWedel

can you post some sample lines of your text file to test solutions with?

thanks

regards

Marco