Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie question

Hi all

Very new to Qlikview - so wanted to say hello and ask a very basic question, please bear with me!

This is probably the easiest question ever posted, but how do you create a simple aggregated cross table, i.e. one dimension along the top and another down the side and the aggregated sum/count/whatever in the middle!

The pivot table is close, i just need to put one of the variable along the top!

Thanks for you patience!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

If you create a new chart, select pivot table , add 2 dimensions and an expression. You see what is below,

now drag the 2nd dimension (Year in this case) to the drop zone over the expression (Sales in this case

Untitled.png

Capture.PNG.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

If you put your dimension in the pivot table you should be able to try and drag it the columns and pull it to appear across columns instead of in rows.

You will see a blue arrow, you need to make it run horizontally instead of vertically.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

If you create a new chart, select pivot table , add 2 dimensions and an expression. You see what is below,

now drag the 2nd dimension (Year in this case) to the drop zone over the expression (Sales in this case

Untitled.png

Capture.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks!!  I was clicking around the dimensions thinking that there might be a drag option and then, the blue arrow appeared!!