Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walid_ballout
Contributor III
Contributor III

No results retrieved in web browser, only in application.

Hello,

I have a pivot-table chart that displays Turnover data filled into tables using Dynamic Updates, after clicking a button on the sheet.

The chart works fine when I click the button from within the application. However, when I do the same from the browser, the chart displays "Processing Turnover" and hangs like that for over an hour until I close the browser.

Has anyone experienced such an issue before? I hope that someone can help me solve this problem.

Thank you.

10 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Has Dynamic Data Update been enabled on the server?

walid_ballout
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Peter,

Actually the 'Dynamic Update' has been checked already on the sheet tab in the settings of the qvw document. Should I check anything additional ?

The weird thing is that the application was working perfectly before.

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check QMC->System->Setup->QlikView Servers->Your QlikView server->Security->Miscellaneous->Allow Dynamic Data Update.

Has it been enabled?

walid_ballout
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Allow Dynamic Data Update is already enabled too.

ramasaisaksoft

If you feel you got the solution for your issue,please close  the thread by clicking "Correct Answer".

walid_ballout
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

qlikview_serversettings.jpgqlikview erver.jpg

walid_ballout
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Just to clarify things further. the button that I click on the sheet runs a module that inserts the data into a table in the schema. I wonder if this requires the "allow system access" option to be selected in the modules IDE in the application. Currently the settings are attached below in the snapshot.

Capture.PNG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK Dynamic Update works if you add an action to an object  and select action type External->Dynamic Update.

Dynamic Update will not work if you try it from a macro, because most macros (all client side macros and most server-side operations as well) do not work in a server environment.

walid_ballout
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was trying different scenarios in the past few days. I ended up with one result..

If I take a copy of the application and rename it and try to limit access to only my username, everything works fine.

While the original copy which is accessible by many people still has a problem, and obviously if I run the process there it won't work.