Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II

Not able to deselect a calculated dimension in Table

Hi all,

I have a straight table in one of my dimensions is calculated. something like - if(isnull(col1),col2,col1)

if i am selecting a value from this dimension, the table shrinks and only that row is returned.

if i want to deselect it by clicking on it again to get the whole table again i am not able to do so.

Please help me with it.

Regards,

Chhavi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

derive this column in the script level ...that will solve your issue ..in front end it will be the same behavior...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is the question here? You said filter done and it associates to the same when you filter out all data come up. Off course, Qlik is associate engine as we aware.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II
Author

My question is that i when i click on that calculated dimension again, i cant get the table back.. Ideally the selection should get removed when i click on it again

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Could be you are clicking with different row. Can you check the single value where it covers and use same expression in filter like list box as expression. then look which is filtered and same cross check in straight table for unit.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If i click on a value belonging to col1, some values from col2 are also selected at the same time.

and as i click on only 1 value of col1, col2 values are still selected and the table remains as it is.

col2 values appear to be selected in background as they don appear in the table. how can this be handled?-- the col2 values also get deselected as i deselect the first col values?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

that is because your calculate dimension covers col1 and col2 at a time in single cell.. For assumption you may try with 2 calculated dimensions and one measure as yours

If(IsNull(col1), col1)

If(IsNulll(col2), col2)

// Note, suppress should be enable and start test how this is?

chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II
Author

But i want both the values in one column only

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Off course, If customer request in single that means we never change business. For testing, We can play anything. Because with out accessing it has occurring other case which linked up to the each dimension until unless non grouped.

avinashelite

derive this column in the script level ...that will solve your issue ..in front end it will be the same behavior...