Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not able to establish the ODBC or OLE DB Connection In QV12

Hi,

I am new to the QlikView. I am not able to connect to the data source using ODBC or OLE DB.

I got an requirement to get the data from Oracle. So, I got the Oracle Client Installed.

I have 64 bit Windows 7 machine and the drivers are of 32 bit. I am able to create USER DSN using ODBC Data Source Administrator with 32 bit Driver "Oracle in OraClient11g_home1"  and able to test it which is successful.

Now when I am trying to establish the ODBC connection using Force 32 Bit option checked, I am getting an error message saying "Failed to Connect to QlikView Connector"

Requesting you to kindly help me.

Regards,

Vijay Anand.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

To resolve above issue What I did:

Steps followed:

1. Uninstalled the existing ORACLE Client from the system.
  2. Restarted the system.
  3. Checked the Driver “Oracle in OraClient11g_home1 at C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe and at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe It should not be there.
  4. Get the 64 Bit Oracle Client installed onto machine.
  5. Restarted the system.
  6. Checked the Driver “Oracle in OraClient11g_home1” under Driver’s Tab at Start->Control Pannel ->Administrative Tools-> Data Sources (ODBC) (internally pointing to C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe). It should be present at this location.
  7. Created New DSN using above driver and used it for Oracle and Qlikview connectivity.

Regards,

Vijay Anand.