Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Now() doesn't auto refresh in Ajax/Full Browser mode

If you set a variable to equal Now(), then in IE Plugin mode, it polls and updates every second. This means you can then start to do cool stuff like automatically switching between sheets at set time intervals - great for a rotating dashboard.

However, in Ajax mode, it only seems to poll every time you actually click within the window. So I can't get the rotating dashboard effect in Ajax mode.

Of course, I wouldn't be asking this if I didn't want to use Ajax mode. But my dashboard contains custom Qlikview extensions, which don't work in IE Plugin mode, and therefore need to be run in the Ajax/Full Browser version.

My question is: is this a bug in Ajax, or is there a way to get Ajax to poll the operating system to update a variable without forcing the user to intervene?

Thanks

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello

Qlikview support very kindly sent me the attached document, which describes in detail how to fix the problem that now() doesn't auto-refresh in Ajax.

I hope this is useful to others who have experienced the same issue.

James

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello

Qlikview support very kindly sent me the attached document, which describes in detail how to fix the problem that now() doesn't auto-refresh in Ajax.

I hope this is useful to others who have experienced the same issue.

James

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Alternatively you can also use this document extension: QlikView AutoRefresh Document Extension

Regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm trying to install the extension and file QAR accuses be invalid in QlikView 11 SR5 ...

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

do you mean QlikView 11 SR5 or Qlikview 11.2 SR5 (in the latter version I have just tried it and it runs without any problems).

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? Never seen a similar message ...

Regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

11.20 SR5... the extension works, but if i have a direct discovery field in a gauge chart, for example, with the variable DirectCacheSeconds = 10; doesn't work...

Regards.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Any news about this?

I need to auto refresh a document inside the desktop, I have DirectCaheSeconds=5 and it works fine if a hit a field or do something inside my object. But I need it to be automatic. 11.20 SR5 is my version

gmoraleswit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem...

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Stefan do you know if there is a way to modify your script in order to use the time intervals with the show/hide condition on a sheet? I am already using it to refresh monitor dashboards and works excellent!

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi, could you please elaborate a little but, I do not fully understand what you are trying to achieve.

Regards

Stefan