Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Now() doesn't auto refresh in Ajax/Full Browser mode

If you set a variable to equal Now(), then in IE Plugin mode, it polls and updates every second. This means you can then start to do cool stuff like automatically switching between sheets at set time intervals - great for a rotating dashboard.

However, in Ajax mode, it only seems to poll every time you actually click within the window. So I can't get the rotating dashboard effect in Ajax mode.

Of course, I wouldn't be asking this if I didn't want to use Ajax mode. But my dashboard contains custom Qlikview extensions, which don't work in IE Plugin mode, and therefore need to be run in the Ajax/Full Browser version.

My question is: is this a bug in Ajax, or is there a way to get Ajax to poll the operating system to update a variable without forcing the user to intervene?

Thanks

James

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan, thank you for acknowledging my question. This is what I am trying to accomplish.

In my company we have several applications on display using big screen tv's on the walls. The data on these monitors reload every 10 minutes and I am currently using your script in order to refresh those dashboards with no user interaction once the data is reloaded.

However a second requirement is that each of the applications have 4 different sheets. They want each sheet to appear on the tv monitor for 60 seconds and cycle through the 4 sheets endlessly. We were previously doing this using the plugin and the now() function but looking to get away from that and solely use the AJAX client..

I was wondering if your extension could be modified in anyway to solve this issue.

Emilio

vikasmahajan

Thanks for Sharing !!!

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

just for info and completeness to the post, i've been able to enable auto refresh following the instructions on this doc:

Refresh data without user interaction on AJAX client

which involves a different js that the one used in the pdf above....

this one doesn't interfere with user iteractions ,but you'll still have to modify html qlikserver files

behradsharifi
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Stefan,

I have copied the extension C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document . And I'm able to see under document settings ==> extensions. SO I have added the extension to my dashboard and updated variables with my sheetID names and interval time. However, in my desktop webview sheets are not changing.

Also I tried with Sheet Jump TV qvw also..that also not working. Kindly help what could be the issue?

behradsharifi
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Stefan,

I have copied the extension C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document . And I'm able to see under document settings ==> extensions. SO I have added the extension to my dashboard and updated variables with my sheetID names and interval time. However, in my desktop webview sheets are not changing.

Also I tried with Sheet Jump TV qvw also..that also not working. Kindly help what could be the issue?