Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II

Null password given; logon denied- Oracle Connection issue QMC

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to Oracle DB via reload task in QMC. I have given the below code in script for connection

LET vConnectionName = SubField(vConnections,'|',1) ;

LET vDSN = subfield(vConnections,'|',2) ;

LET vUserID = subfield(vConnections,'|',3) ;

LET vPassword = subfield(vConnections,'|',4) ;

Let vSchema = subfield(vConnections,'|',5);

// Connect to Database

ODBC CONNECT TO $(vDSN) (XUserId is $(vUserID) , XPassword is $(vPassword) );

and below parameter in Reload tab

MOGROUP|Test_DSN|Test_User|Test|Admin;

while running the task m getting below error

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: 28000, ErrorCode: 1005, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied

SQL##f - SqlState: 28000, ErrorCode: 1005, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied

Could any  one please help me!!

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Connection can save random Username and Passwords using ANSI standards and you are providing constant Username and Password that may the cause. Can you connect normally I meant without any variable for connect string.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for you reply!!

I dont have Oracle DB in my desktop. So I cant try connection directly.Task is actually connecting to server where Oracle DB is present.

However, earlier also I have given the constant userid and password. It connected successfully.

Could you please help me understand what could be the other reasons.

Thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure, What does vConnections? Could be wrong values storing in variable..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful