Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Null() value logic in table (Undefined result vs Blank Character)

Dear Peers,

I will like to  seek help in handling undefined result (value divide by zero) and blank character in my data source as QV classify both scenarios as null value which fetch the same result.

Questions:

1) Is table logic 2 the only work around solution to match the result in data source? As i will like my total to be displayed in bold

2) Is there any solution to make the text box ignore or bypass null logic when multiple selection in the list box?

test2.jpg

"Null is unknown value, or undefined result. Other way to get null is from reading data from Excel worksheet where formulas result in null values. Typically text files cannot store null values. because always a null value is stored at flat text file, it's replaced by empty. That's right. Empty is not null. Empty is a value defined as not existing. While null is unknown value, empty is known as nothing. Technically, null is different from empty value. Empty is represented by '' (two simple quotes together) or, in some systems "" (two double quotes together). But, null has no representation, although it exists."

Source: How to Handle Null Values - Qknow

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Bold like this?

Capture.PNG

Not sure what you need for 2? Can you elaborate?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Nelson

look at this: Convert Null values using NullAsValue statement in QlikView - YouTube and try to implement it

hope that helps

beck

sunny_talwar

Bold like this?

Capture.PNG

Not sure what you need for 2? Can you elaborate?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny.

For point 2, will like to have this result when Dept.CTR selected is I and J at the same time. Trying code it to passby null logic to display sum of table results for >1 selection in list box.

test3.jpgtest4.jpg

sunny_talwar

What is the null logic you are talking about? I am not sure I understand what you mean

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just need the below result when I and J is selected.

test3.jpg

sunny_talwar

You are already getting this when I and J are selected, what is missing? Color or text?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Both. Should be green and text "Better off target missing"

test3.jpg

sunny_talwar

Not entirely sure, but try the attached

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not exactly what I wanted as this logic will always return "Green" in color and "Better Than Target" for any multiple selection.

I managed to resolve this by creating NullFlag at script level (set "NA" as 1) and use it on my expression to bypass those status in "NA" for my aggregation.

how to calculate total while populating null as... | Qlik Community

Anyway appreciate your help on the first question.