Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC+Vlookup--Scripting Help

Experts,

I need help creating the following application/script. I have attached a Qlik document and .xls for you.

Let me give you some background--

I currently run a revenue report from my ERP system that I convert into Excel. Once in Excel, I VLOOKUP that information against a separate file that sits inside my computer to find missing (blanks/zeros) information.

The data from the ERP system is the following:

pic1d.png

The data, called 'Reason's, sitting on my computer is the following:

pic2d.png

The normal operation of myself pivoting the information in Excel first looks like this:

pic3d.png

^ Notice the blanks? I need the 'Reason's to populate here... so I do an IFERROR/VLOOKUP against the 'Reasons' in Excel for the below desired outcome:

pic4d.png

All help very much appreciated!

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Revenue:

LOAD [GL Date],

[Actual Amount],

[Phase/Matter Codes]

FROM

[Test1.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Revenue);

Reasons:

CrossTable(Date, Value)

LOAD [Phase/Matter Codes],

[42517],

[42518]

FROM

[Test1.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Reasons);

Join (Revenue)

Date(Num#(Date)) as [GL Date],

Value

Resident Reasons;

FinalTable:

[GL Date],

If(Len(Trim([Actual Amount])) = 0, Value, [Actual Amount]) as [Actual Amount]

Resident Revenue;

DROP Table Reasons, Revenue;

Pivot Table

Dimension:

[Phase/Matter Codes]

[GL Date]

Expression:

=If(Sum(Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum(If(IsNum([Actual Amount]), [Actual Amount])), [Phase/Matter Codes])) <> 0, If(SecondaryDimensionality() = 0 or Dimensionality() = 0, Sum(If(IsNum([Actual Amount]), [Actual Amount])), [Actual Amount]))

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Sunny-

In the 'Reasons' excel tab, I am trying to add names to the Phase/Matter Codes. I have attached the spreadsheet. I am having trouble with adding that information to your solution.

pic5d.png

sunny_talwar

How does name impact the final solution?

Not applicable
Author

It does not. I was trying to correlate the Phase/Matter codes to those specific name fields, but I am running into errors.

Your answer is correct--thank you very much!

sunny_talwar

May be check this:

Revenue:

LOAD [GL Date],

[Actual Amount],

[Phase/Matter Codes]

FROM

[Test1 (1)NAMES.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Revenue);

Reasons:

CrossTable(Date, Value, 5)

LOAD EMPLOYEE,

BOSS,

MANAGER,

DIRECTOR,

[Phase/Matter Codes],

[42517],

[42518]

FROM

[Test1 (1)NAMES.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Reasons);

Join (Revenue)

LOAD EMPLOYEE,

BOSS,

MANAGER,

DIRECTOR,

[Phase/Matter Codes],

Date(Num#(Date)) as [GL Date],

Value

Resident Reasons;

FinalTable:

LOAD EMPLOYEE,

BOSS,

MANAGER,

DIRECTOR,

[Phase/Matter Codes],

[GL Date],

If(Len(Trim([Actual Amount])) = 0, Value, [Actual Amount]) as [Actual Amount]

Resident Revenue;

DROP Table Reasons, Revenue;

Not applicable
Author

Sunny--

I made a mistake--I did not include multiple dates of the given Phase/Matter codes in the first example.

In the first example I sent, I provided one instance of Phase/Matter Codes (ie; W002, W003, W004 etc...) with an Actual Amount. In my master data, I have multiple of the same Phase/Matter Codes (W002 listed 50+ times with different Actual Amounts).

The beginning screenshot had one Actual Amount per Phase/Matter Code. See W002 for an Actual Amount of -1201.00.

pic1d.png

My master data contains multiple Phase/Matter Codes per date. In the below example I have attached, W002 Phase/Matter Code is listed in all of May. The problem occurring is the total sum in your current solution is listed as '-', when the total is 6727.1 for that day.

pic7d.png

^ For example, W002 for 5/1/2016 should have a sum of 6727.1 for that day, but it is showing up as '-'. The grand total is correct with the 6727.1

pic8d.png

I have tried fixing different equations, but i'm not having success.

As always, thank you again for your help!

sunny_talwar

Try this:

=If(Sum(Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum(If(IsNum([Actual Amount]), [Actual Amount])), [Phase/Matter Codes])) <> 0,

If(SecondaryDimensionality() = 0 or Dimensionality() = 0, Sum(If(IsNum([Actual Amount]), [Actual Amount])),

If(IsText([Actual Amount]), [Actual Amount], Sum([Actual Amount]))))

Not applicable
Author

That is correct--thank you!!

When I add another Phase/Matter Codes in the Reasons tab, for example W003, the pivot table is showing them as '-' instead of the reasons listed per date. W003 does not have any Actual Amounts (yet)--so I would like to show the reasons..

pic9d.png

pic10d.png

Should be my last question!

sunny_talwar

May be this

=If(Sum(TOTAL Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum(If(IsNum([Actual Amount]), [Actual Amount])), [Phase/Matter Codes])) <> 0,

If(SecondaryDimensionality() = 0 or Dimensionality() = 0, Sum(If(IsNum([Actual Amount]), [Actual Amount])),

If(IsText([Actual Amount]), [Actual Amount], Sum([Actual Amount]))))