Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewp
Creator III
Creator III

OLEDB Connection string missing out values when ODBC works fine with the same extract file.

OLEDB Connection string missing out values when ODBC works fine with the same extract file.

I have a simple extract file with 1 query:

QUALIFY *;

MyQVTable:
LOAD *;

SELECT * FROM MyTable;

STORE MyQVTable INTO $(vQVDDirectory)\MyQVTable.qvd;

DROP table MyQVTable;

If I use the OLEDB connection string:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=USERNAME;Data Source=SERVER;Extended Properties=""] (XPassword is PASSWORD);

It doesn’t return ALL my data but it does if I use ODBC

ODBC CONNECT TO [SERVER;DBQ=SERVER] (XUserId is USERNAME, XPassword is PASSWORD);

7 Replies
sateesh_genre
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is your issue solved ? We are also facing same issue in oracle

hmjason7
Contributor II
Contributor II

Has someone solved this? I also have the same issue

racer25
Contributor III
Contributor III

Had something similiar to this before and discovered it was actually a data issue rather rather than anything to do with Qlikview. Can I suggest you get a look at the raw data and see if you can learn whats odd between missing data and included data. Wwe found the missing data was too many decimal places so we fixed the data. 

hmjason7
Contributor II
Contributor II

I've checked the raw data and it doesn't seem to be related 😞

racer25
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can I ask how you checked this data? Just throwing out that some tools might be using ODBC to connect to your data and it might still look the same. MS Access and Toad for me the data looked the same but SQL Query looked different. I'm know DBA but hoping the pointer might help.

sateesh_genre
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.

Actually OLE DB is working fine in production server with the same app and same tables.Issue is with development server.

sateesh_genre
Contributor II
Contributor II

Issue is not resolved