Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

On Demand - Yay or Nay?

I am working with On Demand and I find it very finicky.

Is it just me or does it choose to work when it wants?

One minute, it might print a report, then the next minute, it will go into a loop 'processing'

These could be small reports.

Even the Ajax Sales demo is very finicky. Again, it chooses when it wants to work.

Do you guys use it in every day production environments?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Bobby,

At our end we have On-demand which prints only couple of reports, which works fine.

However, can you see the Nprinting Internal logs of what exactly they say and also when you run the on-demand by clicking few reports, there will be two qv.exe applications will be running in the Task manager -> Details Tab. Try to close the one with Less I/O reads and try again.

Thanks,
V.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Bobby,

At our end we have On-demand which prints only couple of reports, which works fine.

However, can you see the Nprinting Internal logs of what exactly they say and also when you run the on-demand by clicking few reports, there will be two qv.exe applications will be running in the Task manager -> Details Tab. Try to close the one with Less I/O reads and try again.

Thanks,
V.

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Vishsaggi.

Its very strange. I've one report that runs fine. I open the app from a test server, and click the on-demand button and it runs its task fine. However, I run another application (which is larger) and it cannot find the path or something.

I also noted that some of the nPrinting Tutorial works fine, gets the required report but then the other buttons cannot find the path within the same page of the application.

I'm really wondering about On-Demand and if it's all its cracked up to be

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is the nPrinting tutorial app and some options work, some don't.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

With regards to the Nprinting, its path settings and report settings are very tedious and need to be right when giving paths else it fails. In the report button properties and Report Settings Tab did you check if correct path is mentioned. And also check if .nsq file path is given correctly, can you send me a screen shot of Report Settings Tab of the buttons?? Just a try.

Thanks,

V.